Friday, December 2, 2011

Top 10 MAC eye shadows

I have been into makeup for a very long time. I don't want to say i am an expert in this subject yet i feel i know what works and what doesn't. Mac has good quality for the most part and im a sucker for new collections or new products. So i was asked to choose a top 10 and for me these are the colors that i use the most. I have 5 mac palettes and several pigments and eye shadows in pans. So lets begin (these will not be in any specific order)
1. Purfait-amour- This is a purple shade yet i feel it has a double color. I love to put this on my lid if im wearing a purple smokey eye or as a blending color if i use a darker purple shade on the lid. I love the way it applies.
2. Hypnotizing- this is another purple light color. I love this color on the lid or for under the eye. i don't use this for blending but the color helps when i want a hint of purple on the lid. Im not sure if this is a permanent color i have seen it on a couple of holiday palettes but not sure).
3. Copperplate- i love this color when i want to do a light smokey grey look. This color is like a taupe but not a harsh one. It provides definition without overpowering the look. I love this for that specific purpose so i mainly use this on the crease.
4. Smoke and Diamonds- This color i reach for often. Sometimes to blend a smokey look or just to wear on its own. Its a wonderful color yet a different formulation than all the other Mac eye shadows. This formulation has only been released 2-3 times from what i know of and the pigmentation is great. They are very soft and not hard to get on a brush.
5. Crest the Wave- this color i love for green or any look that involves yellow. This color acts like the purfait amour because it cant look yellow or it can look a bit white. I love to use this on the tear duct area as a highlight or under the eye.
6. Sumptuous Olive- This is my favorite green of all of them. When i make a green look this is always on my eyes. Either as a crease blending color, in the lid or in the bottom of the eye. Since its more on the neutral side it can make the look more wearable for a day look.
7. This is not an eye shadow but  use very often and its naked pigment. I love this all over the eyes i can use it as a highlight under my arch of the eyebrow, i can use this on the tear duct or on the lid. I love this for any look when i cant decide what colors can go together.
8. Brown Script- I love orange looks especially in the fall and this is the color i use to define my outer v. I love this color because it can give me the great smokey/brown orange look with just this color and tan on the lid. I love it!
9. Off the page- this is a neon looking orange and i use this on every orange look at a blending color. It gives the right amount of color (because its not so pigmented) but a light hint of it to blend all the harsh lines. This product i believe is not permanent.
10. embrak- this color i use in every brown looking eye. I love this to define or make another color darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment