Friday, January 31, 2014

Rimmel London stay matte foundation

I'm super excited to be writing this review because I have been hunting this foundation down for a very long time. Every time I would go to ulta, cvs, walgreens etc they didn't have it. So a couple of nights ago I asked my husband to take me to rite aid and they had it! It was like it was destiny because there was only one left in my shade. Ok I'm being a little dramatic but it was the last one.
So this foundation is meant to keep your face matte (no shine or oil coming through your makeup) all day. Well I wore it and I have my first impression of it.
The consistency is just like Macs foundation in a tube. I believe it's studio sculpt which I used to use a long time ago. It can get pretty thick fast so I would recommend using small bits at a time. It blends really well and there was no issue with the tools I used. On one side I used the ulta dupe of the beauty blender and on the other I used a brush. Both side went on well and it didn't seem to take a long time. I did use a high end primer on my face but decided to use. My elf primer on my forehead to see if there was any difference. I didn't buy they primer that went along with this because they didn't have it. The store I bought this at only seemed to have four shades in this foundation and the darkest one was the one I got. I'm usually around an nc42 in Mac sometimes a 40 so the foundation is not offered to darker skin tones. I did take a flash pic with Just my foundation and it seemed light for my skin. There was a white cast so I would recommend setting the foundation and all that other nice stuff.
So after wearing this foundation for a little over 8 hours I must say I love it! Both primers worked well with it and it seemed like the oils of my skin were just starting to come through. But it could have fooled me because you couldn't really tell. It covered great with a little bit of product and its so cheap. $5 you guys!!!! I would advise you guys that I have seen some videos on this and some people had an allergic. Reaction so keep that in mind. Other than that I would suggest try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment